Wednesday 21 May 2014

garden update !

I feel its been long enough since my last garden post so heres a update !, weather has been mostly rainy and hot the past week or so, so once again i havent had the time i wanted to spend gardening.
at my local farmers market Briwood, i purchaced some pre-started plants to save my time and spread out harvest time abit
Above is my lettuce sprouts along with a couple pepper sprouts and a corn plant. i also just planted another corn beside my existing one.

 a pic of my garden with a few new additions, on the far left is a small cantolope plant, and at the back is a cherry tomato plant i bought, the onions are doing well and the corn have all sprouted
                                                                        my little corns
                                                                         the tomato
                                                                     cantalope
                                                           emery helping me with the weeds
                                 here i have a 4 different types of lettuce and my big strawberry plant
                                   lettuce, strawberries and peas in this container all doing well
    tomato plant and my container with strawberrys at the back and lettuce and onions in the front
    and here i have about 8 corn sprouted, the blackberry bush in the center with the sunflower and the new pepper plant, the front is also filled with onions


Overall im pretty happy with my garden. It has only been a few weeks bujt i havent run into any problems, the onions seem to work quite well for keeping the rabbits away because nothing has been nibbled. i will make another update in the near future, feel free to comment

No comments:

Post a Comment